Friday, November 29, 2013
Monday, November 25, 2013
1. I really enjoyed this rotation, more so than I ever thought.
2. There is SO MUCH I don't know. Not that I wasn't aware of this before, but it is just even more apparent.
3. It made me critically think more than I have in other rotations, and I liked that.
4. Sometimes you have to shout really loudly for patients to hear you.
5. You talk about bodily functions WAY too much, but it's necessary and I just had to learn to get over it.
6. Polypharmacy, sometimes it's the cause of the problem.
7. Certain diseases and processes have distinct smells. I am not going to say any more.
8. Regulations & Paperwork - there are a lot of them.
9. Nine times out of ten patients have more than one problem at a time. Sometimes three or more. It can get kind of confusing and difficult to keep track of everything.
10. You can order alcohol for patients. Seriously, I have seen it on the med list: 1 can of beer PO Qdaily. Who knew?!